Strange behavior of Gigabit Linkstation and Diskstation - no smb access

  • jensbrenner79
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2008
      Hello,

      I run a Gigabit linkstation, attached to it, I use a Diskstation,
      which appears as USBDisk. I use a desktop Computer which runs under
      windows XP pro as well as a notebook with kubuntu installed on it.

      Since yesterday, I can´t access the linkstations with my notebook. The
      folder doesn´t appear any longer. From my windows PC, I can access the
      folders normally.

      I also registered frequent interaction between the two disks, a lot of
      read/write activity. Also, It took very long to shut them down, which
      is not normal.

      Is this a security problem, normal (defragmentation etc.) or what do
      you suppose and suggest?

      The capacity of the disks is: HG 73% full, USB Disk 24% full