Re: torrent on ls2

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2008
      Are you on Openlink or Freelink?

      I've been running the Debian version of Bittornado on my Freelink-like
      LS1 with good results. Even running several torrents at a time.

      The main thing is to stay away from any of the Java based clients
      because I don't think the LS have enough power to run Java at a
      reasonable speed.

      With a Freelink conversion, installing new software is trivial.

      For Openlink, you'll probably need to find someone who has taken the
      time to compile and package up a client unless you want to go through
      all the trouble of doing it yourself. You might luck out and be able
      to get a precompiled version from a similar aged Linux distribution to
      run. I was having some luck getting stuff from the Debian "Woody"
      repository to run with my LS1's original OS a few years ago.
      "Woody's" repository will be a little tricky to find these days, but
      it should be around.