torrent on ls2

  • stufq
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22 8:24 AM
      Hi !
      I have a question, which torrent client is the best for this box? I
      have LS2 mips. And which one is the easiest to install ;)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23 12:06 PM
        Are you on Openlink or Freelink?

        I've been running the Debian version of Bittornado on my Freelink-like
        LS1 with good results. Even running several torrents at a time.

        The main thing is to stay away from any of the Java based clients
        because I don't think the LS have enough power to run Java at a
        reasonable speed.

        With a Freelink conversion, installing new software is trivial.

        For Openlink, you'll probably need to find someone who has taken the
        time to compile and package up a client unless you want to go through
        all the trouble of doing it yourself. You might luck out and be able
        to get a precompiled version from a similar aged Linux distribution to
        run. I was having some luck getting stuff from the Debian "Woody"
        repository to run with my LS1's original OS a few years ago.
        "Woody's" repository will be a little tricky to find these days, but
        it should be around.