Re: [LinkStation_General] Re:I want to know the fungsion of this hardware

  • bravo tanjung
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
      I know this group has many expert in Networking
      particularly LS. But, till now, I got no response
      except from Mr. Stephen (Thank you). However, too many
      links in WIKI nor in Google. Where should get the
      answer of my simple question...... anyone?

      --- John Pelling <distillcam@...> wrote:

      > Why not answer the question?
      >
      > Stop being so supercilious and give the guy some
      > helpl - or do you not actually know the answer?
      >
      > Stephen Seay <sfseay@...> wrote:
      > Please use the search function and check
      > out the Linkstation WIKI.
      >
      > Do some research first, then ask questions.
      >

      > On Jan 13, 2008, at 3:06 AM, bravo tanjung
      > wrote:
      >
      > Can we install any operating system such
      > as Linux or WIndows into LS?
      >
      > James Stewart <wartstew@...> wrote:
      > The Linkstations were originally designed to
      > be part of a local area network (LAN) of computers
      > to provide a shared source of file storage between
      > them.
      >
      > Many (including me) on this Yahoo group and the
      > Linkstation Wiki have enhanced the features of the
      > Linkstation products to do much more than this.
      >

      > In 1969:
      >
      > 1. Humans landed on the moon.
      > 2. UNIX was invented.
      > 3. The first four nodes of the ARPAnet went up.
      > 4. Linus Torvalds was born.
      >
      > As of today, the moon landing has taken us nowhere.
      > The other items were beginnings of things more
      > revolutionary.
      >
      > (Paraphased text from "The Daemon, the GNU and the
      > Penguin" by Peter H. Salus)
      > ---------------------------------
      > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
      > fast with Yahoo! Search.

      > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all
      > with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

      > Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Stephen Seay
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
        The Linkstation comes from the factory running linux.