Re:I want to know the fungsion of this hardware

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
      The Linkstations were originally designed to be part of a local area network (LAN) of computers to provide a shared source of file storage between them.

      Many (including me) on this Yahoo group and the Linkstation Wiki have enhanced the features of the Linkstation products to do much more than this.

      In 1969:

      1. Humans landed on the moon.
      2. UNIX was invented.
      3. The first four nodes of the ARPAnet went up.
      4. Linus Torvalds was born.

      As of today, the moon landing has taken us nowhere. The other items were beginnings of things more revolutionary.

      (Paraphased text from "The Daemon, the GNU and the Penguin" by Peter H. Salus)

    • bravo tanjung

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2008
          Please use the search function and check out the Linkstation WIKI.

          Do some research first, then ask questions.

          James Stewart <wartstew@yahoo. com> wrote:

          The Linkstations were originally designed to be part of a local area network (LAN) of computers to provide a shared source of file storage between them.

          Many (including me) on this Yahoo group and the Linkstation Wiki have enhanced the features of the Linkstation products to do much more than this.

          In 1969:

          1. Humans landed on the moon.
          2. UNIX was invented.
          3. The first four nodes of the ARPAnet went up.
          4. Linus Torvalds was born.

          As of today, the moon landing has taken us nowhere. The other items were beginnings of things more revolutionary.

          (Paraphased text from "The Daemon, the GNU and the Penguin" by Peter H. Salus)

          Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

          Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

        • John Pelling
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
            Why not answer the question?

            Stop being so supercilious and give the guy some helpl - or do you not actually know the answer?

            Stephen Seay <sfseay@...> wrote:
[...]

            Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.
          • bravo tanjung
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
              I know this group has many expert in Networking
              particularly LS. But, till now, I got no response
              except from Mr. Stephen (Thank you). However, too many
              links in WIKI nor in Google. Where should get the
              answer of my simple question...... anyone?

              --- John Pelling <distillcam@...> wrote:

              > Why not answer the question?
              >
              > Stop being so supercilious and give the guy some
              > helpl - or do you not actually know the answer?
              >
              > Stephen Seay <sfseay@...> wrote:
              > Please use the search function and check
              > out the Linkstation WIKI.
              >
              > Do some research first, then ask questions.
              >

              > On Jan 13, 2008, at 3:06 AM, bravo tanjung
              > wrote:
              >
              > Can we install any operating system such
              > as Linux or WIndows into LS?
              >
              > James Stewart <wartstew@...> wrote:
              > The Linkstations were originally designed to
              > be part of a local area network (LAN) of computers
              > to provide a shared source of file storage between
              > them.
              >
              > Many (including me) on this Yahoo group and the
              > Linkstation Wiki have enhanced the features of the
              > Linkstation products to do much more than this.
              >

              > In 1969:
              >
              > 1. Humans landed on the moon.
              > 2. UNIX was invented.
              > 3. The first four nodes of the ARPAnet went up.
              > 4. Linus Torvalds was born.
              >
              > As of today, the moon landing has taken us nowhere.
              > The other items were beginnings of things more
              > revolutionary.
              >
              > (Paraphased text from "The Daemon, the GNU and the
              > Penguin" by Peter H. Salus)
              > ---------------------------------
              > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
              > fast with Yahoo! Search.

              > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all
              > with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

              > Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Stephen Seay
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
                The Linkstation comes from the factory running linux.

                http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs