[LinkStation_General] Re: Bonjour and Linkstation Pro?

  • happymac
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2008
      On 1/10/08 at 4:00 PM +0000, startgreen wrote:
      >Speaking of compatibility with Macs - I'm having a terrible time
      >connecting via AFP to two different Pro 500GLs from several
      >different macs all running different OSes (10.3,10.4,10.5). I'm
      >tried the .AppleDB rebuild hack - but that hasn't worked. Has
      >anytone figured out a solution? I'm running firmware 1.11. Will
      >1.12a help at all? Or something else? Will a Netatalk upgrade help?

      What specifically is going wrong? How are you rebuilding the .AppleDB?

      Since the LS Pro runs the latest version of Netatalk (2.0.3), no
      upgrade is possible.

      Does your LS Pro appear under "Devices" on your Mac running Leopard?

      --Marc
    • startgreen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
        Hi Marc -

        I'm getting errors like -5014. I can see the box, connect to it,
        it'll show me the shares, but I can't actually mount any of them.

        I rebuilt the .AppleDB files by deleting them from the box via the
        command line as root.

        It's all very strange.

        hunter
      • happymac
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
          On 1/15/08 at 5:07 PM +0000, startgreen wrote:
          >I'm getting errors like -5014. I can see the box, connect to it,
          >it'll show me the shares, but I can't actually mount any of them.
          >
          >I rebuilt the .AppleDB files by deleting them from the box via the
          >command line as root.

          I assume that you restarted your Linkstation, or at least restarted
          the afp client on your Linkstation?

          How did you hack in in the first place?

          --Marc