Bonjour and Linkstation Pro?

  • happymac
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      The Linkstation Pro finally offers great compatibility with
      Macs thanks to Netatalk 2.0.3 (speaking of which, does anyone have an
      updated URL to the software versions included with the LS Pro?).
      However, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't offer Bonjour/Rendezvous
      zero-configuration networking. I added this easily to my Linkstation
      PPC, but after perusing the Wiki, I'm still not sure that this has
      been done or can be done to the Linkstation Pro.

      Does anyone know? Otherwise I might have to consider getting
      a LaCie Ethernet BigDisk.

      --Marc
    • startgreen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2008
        Speaking of compatibility with Macs - I'm having a terrible time connecting via AFP to two
        different Pro 500GLs from several different macs all running different OSes
        (10.3,10.4,10.5). I'm tried the .AppleDB rebuild hack - but that hasn't worked. Has
        anytone figured out a solution? I'm running firmware 1.11. Will 1.12a help at all? Or
        something else? Will a Netatalk upgrade help? Thx

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, happymac <happymach@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > The Linkstation Pro finally offers great compatibility with
        > Macs thanks to Netatalk 2.0.3 (speaking of which, does anyone have an
        > updated URL to the software versions included with the LS Pro?).
        > However, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't offer Bonjour/Rendezvous
        > zero-configuration networking. I added this easily to my Linkstation
        > PPC, but after perusing the Wiki, I'm still not sure that this has
        > been done or can be done to the Linkstation Pro.
        >
        > Does anyone know? Otherwise I might have to consider getting
        > a LaCie Ethernet BigDisk.
        >
        > --Marc

      • happymac
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2008
          On 1/10/08 at 4:00 PM +0000, startgreen wrote:
          >Speaking of compatibility with Macs - I'm having a terrible time
          >connecting via AFP to two different Pro 500GLs from several
          >different macs all running different OSes (10.3,10.4,10.5). I'm
          >tried the .AppleDB rebuild hack - but that hasn't worked. Has
          >anytone figured out a solution? I'm running firmware 1.11. Will
          >1.12a help at all? Or something else? Will a Netatalk upgrade help?

          What specifically is going wrong? How are you rebuilding the .AppleDB?

          Since the LS Pro runs the latest version of Netatalk (2.0.3), no
          upgrade is possible.

          Does your LS Pro appear under "Devices" on your Mac running Leopard?

          --Marc
        • startgreen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
            Hi Marc -

            I'm getting errors like -5014. I can see the box, connect to it,
            it'll show me the shares, but I can't actually mount any of them.

            I rebuilt the .AppleDB files by deleting them from the box via the
            command line as root.

            It's all very strange.

            hunter
          • happymac
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
              On 1/15/08 at 5:07 PM +0000, startgreen wrote:
              >I'm getting errors like -5014. I can see the box, connect to it,
              >it'll show me the shares, but I can't actually mount any of them.
              >
              >I rebuilt the .AppleDB files by deleting them from the box via the
              >command line as root.

              I assume that you restarted your Linkstation, or at least restarted
              the afp client on your Linkstation?

              How did you hack in in the first place?

              --Marc