Re: Kuro Box HG

  • irvine_stock
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2004
      Got my Kuro_box/HG today.
      Not happy :-(
      The setup program on the included HG CD appears to be an update
      program. Its only 60k. The install program for the Kuro is 256k.
      The HG does not appear to have one.
      I don't see any update on the web site either.
      Well neither one works with the HG.
      So I figure I will telnet in!
      Oops whats the login and password.
      Its not the same as the Kuro. Crap!
      OK search the japanese sites and translate.
      Well after an hour I find out
      root
      kuroadmin
      Where was that written down in english? Hopefully somebody will
      benefit from my research.....
      Ok login. Yea!
      Oops what this, bash is gone.
      OK now its ash (BusyBox). Well now what.
      Well I like the colors but how do I get the firmware to the drive.
      Manually... Yikes!

      Did anybody else get one and get it to work?

      Rich
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Mesecke" <mesecke@y...>