Re: Link Station (HD-HLAN) and playstation 3

  • davidhomfray
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2007
      Thanks for that, so what is the best recommendation for the server
      and is there a link what to do. Do I load the 'server' software on to
      the linkstation. I suppose any help in what to do would brilliant

      chers

      nice

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <gfesler@...>
      wrote:

      > If the Linkstation is running a media server like twonkyvision or
      Wizd the
      > PS3 can playback most audio and most video depending on the format.
      I have a
      > KuroHG and the PS3 sees it and plays back HD videos and MP3 audio.
      I am
      > using the latest Twonkyvision 4.4.3 version. The PS3 can not on
      it's own
      > browse network shares on PC's or NAS devices unless they are
      running a UPNP
      > or DNLA server which organizes and presents a standard interface to
      the PS3.

      > Good Luck,
      >

      > Gary

      PSP!!

      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > David
      > >

      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:LinkStation_General%40yahoogroups.com> , "davidhomfray"
      > > <homfray@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi everyone
      > > >
      > > > I have one of the HD-HLAN and I have all my media sitting
      there.
      > > > would like to buy a new Playstation3 and use it to stream my
      > media. I
      > > > know that SOny are jut about to allow divx just wondered if any
      > of you
      > > > have any experience with PS3 and the HD-HLAN and could give me
      > details
      > > > will it work, ill the PS3 see my HD-HLAN
      > > >
      > > > cheers
      > > >
      > > > nice

    • Gary
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2007

        http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/TwonkyMedia/TM4Technicians.html

        The above link goes to the download page for NAS devices including the LinkStation I am not sure which version you need. You need to know which CPU your Linkstation has installed. Perhaps someone else in the group could be more helpful. I can only say that it works fine for me for most videos and all my 8000 MP3s

        wrote:

        > If the Linkstation is running a media server like twonkyvision or
        Wizd the
        > PS3 can playback most audio and most video depending on the format.
        I have a
        > KuroHG and the PS3 sees it and plays back HD videos and MP3 audio.
        I am
        > using the latest Twonkyvision 4.4.3 version. The PS3 can not on
        it's own
        > browse network shares on PC's or NAS devices unless they are
        running a UPNP
        > or DNLA server which organizes and presents a standard interface to
        the PS3.

        > Good Luck,
        >

        > Gary
        >

        > From: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com

      • daveyip
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 29, 2007
          Sorry, for confusing you.

          Yes, as Gary says you should be using a media server to provide media
          to the PS3, it cant connected to a network share from the Linkstation.

          You actually need to buy Twonkyvision (this is why I didnt go down
          this route) check out this really had to find page for NAS devices for
          supported devices,

          http://twonkyvision.de/Download/TwonkyMedia/TM4Technicians.html

          Its not clear that wizd supports the PS3's DLNA, but as Gary says
          Twonkyvision does.

          Ta,

          David

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "davidhomfray"