Boot Up problems after upgrade on HD-H120LAN

  • Gary Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007

      I've recently upgraded my Link Station from 120GB to 500GB. The installation went ok, and I have managed to transfer the data from the original drive. However if I have the unit sleep overnight, often when it powers up the following morning the unit goes into diagnostic mode. If I power cycle a couple of time the drive usually then boot ok.

      Has anyone experienced a similar problem, or able to suggest a fix? At the moment the unit is running 24hrs a day.

      thanks

    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Smith" <gary@...> wrote:
        > I've recently upgraded my Link Station from 120GB to 500GB. The installation
        > went ok, and I have managed to transfer the data from the original drive.
        > However if I have the unit sleep overnight, often when it powers up the
        > following morning the unit goes into diagnostic mode. If I power cycle a
        > couple of time the drive usually then boot ok.
        >
        > Has anyone experienced a similar problem, or able to suggest a fix? At the
        > moment the unit is running 24hrs a day.

        Maybe the 500 draws too much energy, or takes too long to spin up. I would delete all
        partitions from the HDD, run the firmware updater twice, and see if the problem persists.

        -Andre