Re: Wanted: Motherboard HD-HG300LAN

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "giulia1ch" <mauro@...> wrote:

      > Hi, While I was upgrading my Linkstation firmware my PC crashed. Since
      > then I was not able to mount the Harddisk and connect to the
      > Linkstation. I connected the WD3200 directly to my PC and installed the
      > Linux driver, but I can only see half of the Harddisk space.. Does
      > anybody have a Motherboard for sell ? or any other good idea how I can
      > access my HD and save the data ? thanks

      If you can see only half of the partition, chances are your HDD controller can probably not
      handle sizes < 128 GB. Get a recent external USB 2.0 case or the like.

      Then boot into a Linux Live CD and run fix_ext2magic, see http://www.nas-
      central.org/index.php/Fix_ext2_magic

      -Andre
    • giulia1ch
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2007
        Hi Andre,
        This could be the reason as it's a rather old PC. Will get a USB 2.0
        case and see if I can get a LINUX disk to access the data.
        thanks Mauro