Wanted: Motherboard HD-HG300LAN

  • giulia1ch
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2007
      Hi, While I was upgrading my Linkstation firmware my PC crashed. Since
      then I was not able to mount the Harddisk and connect to the
      Linkstation. I connected the WD3200 directly to my PC and installed the
      Linux driver, but I can only see half of the Harddisk space.. Does
      anybody have a Motherboard for sell ? or any other good idea how I can
      access my HD and save the data ? thanks
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "giulia1ch" <mauro@...> wrote:

        > Hi, While I was upgrading my Linkstation firmware my PC crashed. Since
        > then I was not able to mount the Harddisk and connect to the
        > Linkstation. I connected the WD3200 directly to my PC and installed the
        > Linux driver, but I can only see half of the Harddisk space.. Does
        > anybody have a Motherboard for sell ? or any other good idea how I can
        > access my HD and save the data ? thanks

        If you can see only half of the partition, chances are your HDD controller can probably not
        handle sizes < 128 GB. Get a recent external USB 2.0 case or the like.

        Then boot into a Linux Live CD and run fix_ext2magic, see http://www.nas-
        central.org/index.php/Fix_ext2_magic

        -Andre
      • giulia1ch
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2007
          Hi Andre,
          This could be the reason as it's a rather old PC. Will get a USB 2.0
          case and see if I can get a LINUX disk to access the data.
          thanks Mauro