LS Live 500GB - Hard disk formatting and contents

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2007
      Friends,
      A recent firmware upgrade "bricked" my new hardware LSLive. I was
      able to recover the contents of the file storage are using a plug-in
      for Windows. However, as the boot partitions did not contain viable
      files, I followed instructions to replace the hard drive. I deleted all
      partitions to make the drive appear "new". As I soon found out, the new
      hardware LSLive only flashes the bootloader and everything else is on
      the hard disk... Does anyone have a partition structure and backups for
      a clean install on an LSLive, new hardware? Please advise.
      Thanks
    • Andrew Hodgson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2007

        It used to be the fact that the LS if there was no contents in the drive
        managed to get itself an IP address from a DHCP server, or a default IP
        address - which should be in the archives as I can't remember it now.
        This happened to me with the LS120, which I had to replace the disk in,
        and the firmware installer worked on it once it had the IP address.

        Andrew.