Linkstation Pro afp Mac OS, what is my fault ?

  • amarufke
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2007
      Hi !

      I have a LS PRO with 500GB (FW 1.11 ) on my network (Fritzbox
      7170 as router) and I like to use it as an afp-server.

      Using it as smb-device I have no problems with either Win XP
      nor MAC OS 10.5.1 or 10.4.11

      I activated support for the apple-talk protocol,
      so afp should be working. At the folders sections I also set Apple to
      on. AFP 3.1 (long filenames and file size > 2GB) is told to be
      implemented since FW version 1.10.

      After pressing apple-K and typing afp://[IP-address] it is possible to
      log-on and the available volumes are shown. After choosing a volume
      I only get "Das Volume ... konnte nicht aktiviert werden" ( means "The
      volume .. could not be activated", sorry german version).

      I have tried it with a guest log-on and also with a user and password
      created on the LS Pro. The outcome was always the same.

      The same happens when i use a mac mini with tiger, smb is working, afp
      does not.
      I already tried the cleartext patch for leopard (for using clear text
      login and password). Unfortunately it does not change a thing.

      My questions are:
      Do I have to do additional settings on the LS Pro ?
      Or may I not activate smb and afp at the same time ?
      Or are there additional settings nedded under system configuration
      /network on Mac OS ?

      Thanks in advance for any feedback, i really dont have any more ideas
      left ...