Web Access Problem

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
      When I first got my LSL, I set up the web access and it worked fine.
      I succesfully access my files from my work place. I then upgraded my
      firmware to the latest version, and now I can't seem to get the Web
      Access set back up. When I put in my Buffalo NAS name, my key, and my
      port number, it errors out saying that my name must be 3-20 characters
      and ports must be 2 to 5 digits. But my Buffalo NAS name is ScorpioLS
      and my port was 55555. These are the same settings I was using
      before... succesfully.

      I've tried different NAS names and ports, and still get this message.
      I would flash back to 2.03 but can't seem to find that firmware on
      Buffalo's website. In fact, as of this morning, when I pulled up
      downloads for the LSL, there was nothing listed.

      Any ideas?
    • trader_zane
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
        I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <muzicman61@...> wrote:

        > When I first got my LSL, I set up the web access and it worked fine.
        > I succesfully access my files from my work place. I then upgraded my
        > firmware to the latest version, and now I can't seem to get the Web
        > Access set back up. When I put in my Buffalo NAS name, my key, and my
        > port number, it errors out saying that my name must be 3-20 characters
        > and ports must be 2 to 5 digits. But my Buffalo NAS name is ScorpioLS
        > and my port was 55555. These are the same settings I was using
        > before... succesfully.
        >
        > I've tried different NAS names and ports, and still get this message.
        > I would flash back to 2.03 but can't seem to find that firmware on
        > Buffalo's website. In fact, as of this morning, when I pulled up
        > downloads for the LSL, there was nothing listed.
        >
        > Any ideas?

      • simopekkap
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
          This 3 to 20 character issue must be a bug but seems to be in all web
          access capable fw´s. I read somewhere that after you set up the
          linkstation, make a reset. Just keep in mind that there may be
          parameters lost when you reset the station. I think mine changed its
          IP so I had to change it back manually.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "trader_zane"