time to upgrade

  • Joseph McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2007
      I have a link station 1 120GB drive
      I spotted a BUFFALO 500GB LINKSTATION LIVE NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE - HS-DH500-GL

      on sale for a $209(us)

      would it work with my netgear mp101?

      (I can buy software for a linux pc for arround ($40)

      are there any other advantages?

      Is the linux available without a firmware upgrade?

      Has anybody tried video streaming off of this?

      If so what streamer(hardware) do you use? and did it work?

      Thanks - again for all your help!!

      Joe

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Joseph McLaughlin
        <jwm8351@...> wrote:

        > I have a link station 1 120GB drive
        > I spotted a BUFFALO 500GB LINKSTATION LIVE NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE -
        HS-DH500-GL
        > on sale for a $209(us)
        > would it work with my netgear mp101?
        > (I can buy software for a linux pc for arround ($40)
        > are there any other advantages?
        > Is the linux available without a firmware upgrade?
        > Has anybody tried video streaming off of this?
        > If so what streamer(hardware) do you use? and did it work?
        >
        > Thanks - again for all your help!!
        > Joe

        Can't really speak for the MP101, but my Netgear EVA8000 works great
        with my Linkstation Live.