Re: Strange error

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Joseph McLaughlin
      <jwm8351@...> wrote:

      > Ok....
      > Turned buffalo on.
      > downloaded said software on pc a
      > ran software on pc a - it found buffalo.
      > firmware 1.44 and hd-h120lan
      > it let me look at the buffalo drives.
      > I then checked windows and it saw my buffalo drive. (I did not check
      before running software)

      > I turned and looked at pc b
      > tryed to access buffalo thru windows and it did not work.
      > I downloaded software - ran it -- etc.
      > It found buffalo - I was able to see the drive (files etc) via the
      software
      > I was unable to see the drive using the windows exploror...
      >
      > But on a lark --- I remaped the drive in windows using the
      \\000.000.000.000\share
      > and it worked -- and the previous letter mapped by the
      \\buffalo\share still did not work..
      > note - I used zeroes because I did not want to write the numbers
      down etc..
      > My questions are now:
      > 1. Just map using the \\0.0.0.0\share and forget it
      > 2. Holy cow you caught it just in time backup your data because it
      will be dead in days....
      > 3. Why are you still using windows - move to ubunto
      > 4. Pick up cheap pc put in large hard drive put ubunto on it and use
      it instead of buffalo - besides you can then feed your netgear mp101
      media devices.
      > (I have a such a pc on the shelf that I could use - just need a new
      hard drive & my birthday is coming up)
      > 5. Just do x******x and it will work and you don't really have a
      problem.

      Yahoo! FareChase.
      > http://farechase.yahoo.com/

      It may be a good idea to respond at the bottom of the message as it
      makes the message more easy to read.

      My suggestion is #1.

      If you want to delve into the oh so boring world of troubleshooting
      Client for Microsoft Newtworks, and Windows File and Printer Sharing,
      be my guest, however, in my opinion, its not worth the brain cells.