Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Strange error

  • Joseph McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
      Ok....
      Turned buffalo on.
      downloaded said software on pc a
      ran software on pc a - it found buffalo.
      firmware 1.44 and hd-h120lan
      it let me look at the buffalo drives.
      I then checked windows and it saw my buffalo drive. (I did not check before running software)

      I turned and looked at pc b
      tryed to access buffalo thru windows and it did not work.
      I downloaded software - ran it -- etc.
      It found buffalo - I was able to see the drive (files etc) via the software
      I was unable to see the drive using the windows exploror...

      But on a lark --- I remaped the drive in windows using the \\000.000.000.000\share
      and it worked -- and the previous letter mapped by the \\buffalo\share still did not work..
      note - I used zeroes because I did not want to write the numbers down etc..
      My questions are now:
      1. Just map using the \\0.0.0.0\share and forget it
      2. Holy cow you caught it just in time backup your data because it will be dead in days....
      3. Why are you still using windows - move to ubunto
      4. Pick up cheap pc put in large hard drive put ubunto on it and use it instead of buffalo - besides you can then feed your netgear mp101 media devices.
      (I have a such a pc on the shelf that I could use - just need a new hard drive & my birthday is coming up)
      5. Just do x******x and it will work and you don't really have a problem.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Joseph McLaughlin
        <jwm8351@...> wrote:

        > Ok....
        > Turned buffalo on.
        > downloaded said software on pc a
        > ran software on pc a - it found buffalo.
        > firmware 1.44 and hd-h120lan
        > it let me look at the buffalo drives.
        > I then checked windows and it saw my buffalo drive. (I did not check
        before running software)

        > I turned and looked at pc b
        > tryed to access buffalo thru windows and it did not work.
        > I downloaded software - ran it -- etc.
        > It found buffalo - I was able to see the drive (files etc) via the
        software
        > I was unable to see the drive using the windows exploror...
        >
        > But on a lark --- I remaped the drive in windows using the
        \\000.000.000.000\share
        > and it worked -- and the previous letter mapped by the
        \\buffalo\share still did not work..
        > note - I used zeroes because I did not want to write the numbers
        down etc..
        > My questions are now:
        > 1. Just map using the \\0.0.0.0\share and forget it
        > 2. Holy cow you caught it just in time backup your data because it
        will be dead in days....
        > 3. Why are you still using windows - move to ubunto
        > 4. Pick up cheap pc put in large hard drive put ubunto on it and use
        it instead of buffalo - besides you can then feed your netgear mp101
        media devices.
        > (I have a such a pc on the shelf that I could use - just need a new
        hard drive & my birthday is coming up)
        > 5. Just do x******x and it will work and you don't really have a
        problem.

        Yahoo! FareChase.
        > http://farechase.yahoo.com/

        It may be a good idea to respond at the bottom of the message as it
        makes the message more easy to read.

        My suggestion is #1.

        If you want to delve into the oh so boring world of troubleshooting
        Client for Microsoft Newtworks, and Windows File and Printer Sharing,
        be my guest, however, in my opinion, its not worth the brain cells.