RE: [LinkStation_General] Access to RSYNC data using stock firmware

  • Andrew Hodgson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2007

      How did you do this? - I mean, get Rsync working on the Linkstation -
      even if you can't access the data?

      One issue I find when using Rsync with a Windows machine as the source,
      is that sometimes Windows based permissions try and go onto the Linux
      machine, and this causes a problem. I always ensure that permissions
      are not copied over in the Rsync.

      Thanks.
      Andrew.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
        For testing, I've been using the DeltaCopy utility for Windows which I downloaded from www.synametrics.com.  There is a GUI client that I was able to muddle around with and get to work.  One trick that I discovered is that the virtual directory is the a combination of disk sand folder names (ie "disk1_share"). No username/password is required.

         I can backup and restore this way, however, the restore is all or nothing.  I'd like to be able to browes the files via Samba to selectively restore files if necessary.