Creating shares on an attache USB disk

  • davewinkiewill
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      I've just added an external hard drive to my LinkStation via one of its
      USB ports.

      I was hoping to create shares on this drive with protected access as
      I've been able to do on the Linkstation's own internal disk.

      It appears that the inbuilt Buffalo software does not allow you to do
      this. Instead I get a single "access all" share called usbdisk1 with no
      ability to control access or subdivide that share.

      Does anyone know a way around this. My only thought is that maybe some
      custom firmware will sort it out but I can't find any documented
      reference to that.