How do I revert to official firmware?

  • foremind
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hi I recently bought an HD-HG400LAN and have successfully installed
      PPC_Freelink 1.11 onto it. I have also upgraded to 2.6 kernel and the
      box is now running, which means I can telnet/ssh into it and use the
      samba shares.

      I have set a static IP of 192.168.100.88.

      Now I want to revert to the official firmware and for this purpose I
      have switched back to the 2.4 kernel. But when I run FWUpdate.exe that
      comes with the official firmware it just cannot see the box and keeps
      saying "a linkstation is not connected".

      What do I need to do short of opening up the box?

      Thanks.

      Andy
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "foremind" <achan@...> wrote:

        > Hi I recently bought an HD-HG400LAN and have successfully installed
        > PPC_Freelink 1.11 onto it. I have also upgraded to 2.6 kernel and the
        > box is now running, which means I can telnet/ssh into it and use the
        > samba shares.
        >
        > I have set a static IP of 192.168.100.88.
        >
        > Now I want to revert to the official firmware and for this purpose I
        > have switched back to the 2.4 kernel. But when I run FWUpdate.exe that
        > comes with the official firmware it just cannot see the box and keeps
        > saying "a linkstation is not connected".
        >
        > What do I need to do short of opening up the box?

        Run kernel 2.4 (as documented). Edit /etc/default/boot_new.sh, set NO_START="1", reboot
        & flash

        -Andre