Re: LinkStation Live Web Access

  • Graham Denison
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, aiannar974
      <anthonyiannarelli@...> wrote:

      > Hello - I just bought a linkstation live and am trying to configure
      it to be
      > access remotely through the web.
      >
      > It comes up and asked for a username and password in a Microsoft
      smal box
      > (pic attached). I have tried every possible user / password
      combination.

      > Linkstation user / password
      > user password set on web access screen in linkstation
      > router user password
      > computer user password
      >
      > I could not get them to work and I thought maybe it was my
      firewall. I shut
      > my router and windows firewalls totally down and it still did not
      work.

      > The IP address you see was my internal ip address for the
      linkstation

      > This page does not show up in the buffalo documentation. I get the
      initial
      > screen asking for my nas name listed in the web access page and i
      get
      > through that with no problem.
      >
      > Any thoughts?
      >

      > http://www.nabble.com/file/p12325463/linkstation.pdf
      linkstation.pdf
      > --
      Nabble.com.

      It is looking for your setup name and password, ie: user: admin
      password: admin (if you haven't changed it).
      You are not connecting to the shared drives you are connected to the
      management login.

      Geep
    • aiannar974
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2007
        Hello Graham - I tried the setup password. I can access the setup of the nas
        through the ip address with that user and password. I did not change them
        yet.

        Anthony

        Graham Denison wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, aiannar974
        > <anthonyiannarelli@...> wrote:
        >>

        >> Hello - I just bought a linkstation live and am trying to configure
        > it to be
        >> access remotely through the web.
        >>
        >> It comes up and asked for a username and password in a Microsoft
        > smal box
        >> (pic attached). I have tried every possible user / password
        > combination.
        >>
        >> Linkstation user / password
        >> user password set on web access screen in linkstation
        >> router user password
        >> computer user password
        >>
        >> I could not get them to work and I thought maybe it was my
        > firewall. I shut
        >> my router and windows firewalls totally down and it still did not
        > work.
        >>
        >> The IP address you see was my internal ip address for the
        > linkstation
        >>
        >> This page does not show up in the buffalo documentation. I get the
        > initial
        >> screen asking for my nas name listed in the web access page and i
        > get
        >> through that with no problem.
        >>
        >> Any thoughts?
        >>

        >> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12325463/linkstation.pdf
        > linkstation.pdf
        >> --
        > Nabble.com.
        >>
        > It is looking for your setup name and password, ie: user: admin
        > password: admin (if you haven't changed it).
        > You are not connecting to the shared drives you are connected to the
        > management login.
        >
        > Geep

      • Kevin Hilkey
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
          I'm not sure if my earlier reply made it through or not. I think you
          are looking at the log in for users of the share. You set up users
          first through the set up when you turn on WebAccess and setup the
          shared folders. You can set up individual users or groups, or both.