LinkStation Live Web Access

  • aiannar974
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2007
      Hello - I just bought a linkstation live and am trying to configure it to be
      access remotely through the web.

      It comes up and asked for a username and password in a Microsoft smal box
      (pic attached). I have tried every possible user / password combination.

      Linkstation user / password
      user password set on web access screen in linkstation
      router user password
      computer user password

      I could not get them to work and I thought maybe it was my firewall. I shut
      my router and windows firewalls totally down and it still did not work.

      The IP address you see was my internal ip address for the linkstation

      This page does not show up in the buffalo documentation. I get the initial
      screen asking for my nas name listed in the web access page and i get
      through that with no problem.

      Any thoughts?

      http://www.nabble.com/file/p12325463/linkstation.pdf linkstation.pdf
    • Graham Denison
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, aiannar974
        <anthonyiannarelli@...> wrote:

        > Hello - I just bought a linkstation live and am trying to configure
        it to be
        > access remotely through the web.
        >
        > It comes up and asked for a username and password in a Microsoft
        smal box
        > (pic attached). I have tried every possible user / password
        combination.

        > Linkstation user / password
        > user password set on web access screen in linkstation
        > router user password
        > computer user password
        >
        > I could not get them to work and I thought maybe it was my
        firewall. I shut
        > my router and windows firewalls totally down and it still did not
        work.

        > The IP address you see was my internal ip address for the
        linkstation

        > This page does not show up in the buffalo documentation. I get the
        initial
        > screen asking for my nas name listed in the web access page and i
        get
        > through that with no problem.
        >
        > Any thoughts?
        >

        > http://www.nabble.com/file/p12325463/linkstation.pdf
        linkstation.pdf
        > --
        Nabble.com.

        It is looking for your setup name and password, ie: user: admin
        password: admin (if you haven't changed it).
        You are not connecting to the shared drives you are connected to the
        management login.

        Geep
      • aiannar974
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25, 2007
          Hello Graham - I tried the setup password. I can access the setup of the nas
          through the ip address with that user and password. I did not change them
          yet.

          Anthony

          Graham Denison wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, aiannar974
          > <anthonyiannarelli@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> Hello - I just bought a linkstation live and am trying to configure
          > it to be
          >> access remotely through the web.
          >>
          >> It comes up and asked for a username and password in a Microsoft
          > smal box
          >> (pic attached). I have tried every possible user / password
          > combination.
          >>
          >> Linkstation user / password
          >> user password set on web access screen in linkstation
          >> router user password
          >> computer user password
          >>
          >> I could not get them to work and I thought maybe it was my
          > firewall. I shut
          >> my router and windows firewalls totally down and it still did not
          > work.
          >>
          >> The IP address you see was my internal ip address for the
          > linkstation
          >>
          >> This page does not show up in the buffalo documentation. I get the
          > initial
          >> screen asking for my nas name listed in the web access page and i
          > get
          >> through that with no problem.
          >>
          >> Any thoughts?
          >>

          >> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12325463/linkstation.pdf
          > linkstation.pdf
          >> --
          > Nabble.com.
          >>
          > It is looking for your setup name and password, ie: user: admin
          > password: admin (if you haven't changed it).
          > You are not connecting to the shared drives you are connected to the
          > management login.
          >
          > Geep

        • Kevin Hilkey
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
            I'm not sure if my earlier reply made it through or not. I think you
            are looking at the log in for users of the share. You set up users
            first through the set up when you turn on WebAccess and setup the
            shared folders. You can set up individual users or groups, or both.