Backup job stuck on linkstation live

  • dirtriderdan345
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
      I scheduled an immediate backup from my buffalo linkstation live to my
      external usb and even though it finished it still says on the home
      pages that the backup job is currently being done. The jobs page also
      doens't show and icon for that job to let me clear it. Anyone ever
      have this problem? I've tried resetting but nothing seems to clear
      it. Any help is much appreciated.
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dirtriderdan345"
        <dan_s_johnson@...> wrote:

        > I scheduled an immediate backup from my buffalo linkstation live to my
        > external usb and even though it finished it still says on the home
        > pages that the backup job is currently being done. The jobs page also
        > doens't show and icon for that job to let me clear it. Anyone ever
        > have this problem? I've tried resetting but nothing seems to clear
        > it. Any help is much appreciated.

        I've seen the same issue with my LSPro, if you don't have shell
        access the easiest way to fix the issue is to initialize the box.
        Go to maintenence -> initialization -> restore factory settings.

        This will not affect your data, but it will reset all the settings in
        the box. Note that if you use static addresses, the box will revert
        back to DHCP.

        I would suggest using scheduled backups. I only had the problem
        happen with immediate backups, but never looked into why. it didn't
        happen with scheduled backups in my case.

        regards,
        goat