RE: [LinkStation_General] Type of File system on USB disk

  • Ira
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
      it's an ext3 filesystem

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "lramsey36" <lramsey2@...>
      To: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 15/08/2007 09:53 AM
      Subject: [LinkStation_General] Type of File system on USB disk

      I have a Buffalo 120 with an attached USB 250GB disk. The 250GB disk
      is failing, and I wanted to try and access the drive from a LINUX
      (Ubuntu) PC or using some Windows tool that maps/mounts the drive.
      Ubuntu won't mount the file system. Nor can I access using Ex2FS under
      Windows. Can anyoone offer a suggestion? Thanks.

      [truncated by sender]
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Ira <gangalee@...> wrote:

        > it's an ext3 filesystem

        fix_ext2_magic is for you, from <http://linkstationwiki.net>

        -Andre
      • lramsey36
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10" <lalunas10@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Ira <gangalee@> wrote:
          > >
          > > it's an ext3 filesystem
          >
          > fix_ext2_magic is for you, from <http://linkstationwiki.net>
          >
          > -Andre

          I hate to sound like a moron, but what do I need to install in a
          Windows envorinment to get this to "make" it's executable?

          Thanks.
          LER
        • lalunas10
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2007
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lramsey36" <lramsey2@...> wrote:
            > > fix_ext2_magic is for you, from <http://linkstationwiki.net>
            > I hate to sound like a moron, but what do I need to install in a
            > Windows envorinment to get this to "make" it's executable?

            The easiest way is to boot the PC into a Linux "Live CD" (Knoppix, ...), and use one of the
            precompiled executables.

            -Andre