RE: [LinkStation_General] Need advice on updating my Linkstation Pro

  • Andrew Hodgson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2007

      If you can ping it through the router, have you tried putting the
      original firmware back on? I have had this trouble, and when the web
      config wasn't accessible, I was able to put the original firmware back
      on just by downloading it from the Buffalo site.

      You have to disable the firewall on your PC, since I think it tries to
      get something from it remotely.

      Andrew.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2007
        I appreciate the response, but need to clarify that I have never modded my LinkStation in any
        way, whatsoever. The firmware is the stock firmware, and now that the unit is out of warranty
        I want to change to a new firmware. Buffalo's own firmware software (which looks pretty
        much identical to the update software provided by FreeLink) gives the same troubles as the
        FreeLink installer, i.e. doesn't see the drive where other options do.

        Christopher