USB Disk

  • spietak
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2007
      I ran a backup from my linkstation 250 to the USB disk. Once the
      backup was complete, I enabled the USB disk as a shared folder,
      disabled the backup settings, and rebooted everything. According to
      the documentation, the USB disk should show up as a shared folder on
      the linkstation. Unfortunately, this isn't working. While the USB
      disk appears to have the correct amount of data on it as a result of
      the backup, I can't even get to the data in the event I wanted to
      restore it. I had the same problem about a year ago and gave up on
      it. However, I'm now determined to get this working properly.

      Any thoughts?
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "spietak" <spietak@...> wrote:

        > I ran a backup from my linkstation 250 to the USB disk. Once the
        > backup was complete, I enabled the USB disk as a shared folder,
        > disabled the backup settings, and rebooted everything. According to
        > the documentation, the USB disk should show up as a shared folder on
        > the linkstation. Unfortunately, this isn't working. While the USB
        > disk appears to have the correct amount of data on it as a result of
        > the backup, I can't even get to the data in the event I wanted to
        > restore it. I had the same problem about a year ago and gave up on
        > it. However, I'm now determined to get this working properly.
        >
        > Any thoughts?

        Which model do you have, the HD-H model should work fine in that
        regard, depending on if you have the correct formatting. I would
        assume that due to the successful backup, that should not be a
        problem. EXT3 for the file system?

        As for the LS-GL Pro model, its good to note that if the drive is
        FAT32 that you can backup to it, but cannot share it with Buffalo's
        firmware. You will want to format the drive to EXT3 to get that
        functionality.

        regards,
        goat