Re: Replacing (upgrading) the hard drive.

  • stufq
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "meister_tommac"

      http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php/Upgrade_%28or_replace%29_the_existing_LinkStation_hard_drive

      Model:http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php/Custom_Partitions_on_the_LS_Pro

      > I imaged my 250 GB LS Pro to a 500 GB harddrive via ghost, but always
      > ran into some boot up problems. Repartition via "GParted-Linux-CD" is
      > a good thing and can also fix some problems on your disk.
      >
      > At the end I only imaged "sda1" (bootpartition) and created the other
      > partitions via fdisk
      > (http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php/Custom_Partitions_on_the_LS_Pro)
      > At the moment my LS is working fine.

      I have try with linux few times but had lot of problems, so i
      partition new drive under Windows then make an image of first
      partition of LS drive then i just restore it on new one, and copy half
      of my movies under Winxp then I put new drive in LS and it worked !
      The best and fastest way to put new drive in LS !!!