Re: [LinkStation_General] linux-2.6.23-rcX

  • Ross Burton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
      On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 11:07 -0700, Craig wrote:
      > > For those, using or wishing to use mainline (kernel.org) kernel for
      > ppc
      > > linkstation / kurobox machines. 2.6.23-rc1 was broken for us due to
      > > switching to a new i2c API, starting from 2.6.23-rc2 it should be
      > working
      > > again, but you'll have to update the .dtb file simultaneously.
      >
      > Thanks for the update. Where can I find the procedure for loading the
      > mainline kernel onto my kuro-ppc?

      Speaking of which, I don't suppose anyone has Debian packages of
      2.6.23-rc2 build for the linkstation?

      Ross
      --
      Ross Burton mail: ross@...
      jabber: ross@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
        On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Craig wrote:

        > Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > For those, using or wishing to use mainline (kernel.org) kernel for ppc
        > > linkstation / kurobox machines. 2.6.23-rc1 was broken for us due to
        > > switching to a new i2c API, starting from 2.6.23-rc2 it should be working
        > > again, but you'll have to update the .dtb file simultaneously.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Guennadi
        > >
        > Guennadi;
        >
        > Thanks for the update. Where can I find the procedure for loading the
        > mainline kernel onto my kuro-ppc?

        Hi Craig

        look here:

        Beware - the same warnings still apply: a slightest mistake and you have a
        nice-looking paperweight instead of your kurobox. You've been warned.

        Good luck
        Guennadi
        ---
        Guennadi Liakhovetski