linux-2.6.23-rcX

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi all,

      For those, using or wishing to use mainline (kernel.org) kernel for ppc
      linkstation / kurobox machines. 2.6.23-rc1 was broken for us due to
      switching to a new i2c API, starting from 2.6.23-rc2 it should be working
      again, but you'll have to update the .dtb file simultaneously.

      Thanks
      Guennadi
      ---
      Guennadi Liakhovetski
    • Craig
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
        Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > For those, using or wishing to use mainline (kernel.org) kernel for ppc
        > linkstation / kurobox machines. 2.6.23-rc1 was broken for us due to
        > switching to a new i2c API, starting from 2.6.23-rc2 it should be working
        > again, but you'll have to update the .dtb file simultaneously.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Guennadi

        Guennadi;

        Thanks for the update. Where can I find the procedure for loading the
        mainline kernel onto my kuro-ppc?

        -Craig
      • Ross Burton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
          On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 11:07 -0700, Craig wrote:
          > > For those, using or wishing to use mainline (kernel.org) kernel for
          > ppc
          > > linkstation / kurobox machines. 2.6.23-rc1 was broken for us due to
          > > switching to a new i2c API, starting from 2.6.23-rc2 it should be
          > working
          > > again, but you'll have to update the .dtb file simultaneously.
          >
          > Thanks for the update. Where can I find the procedure for loading the
          > mainline kernel onto my kuro-ppc?

          Speaking of which, I don't suppose anyone has Debian packages of
          2.6.23-rc2 build for the linkstation?

          Ross
          --
          Ross Burton mail: ross@...
          jabber: ross@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
            On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Craig wrote:

            > Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > For those, using or wishing to use mainline (kernel.org) kernel for ppc
            > > linkstation / kurobox machines. 2.6.23-rc1 was broken for us due to
            > > switching to a new i2c API, starting from 2.6.23-rc2 it should be working
            > > again, but you'll have to update the .dtb file simultaneously.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Guennadi
            > >
            > Guennadi;
            >
            > Thanks for the update. Where can I find the procedure for loading the
            > mainline kernel onto my kuro-ppc?

            Hi Craig

            look here:

            Beware - the same warnings still apply: a slightest mistake and you have a
            nice-looking paperweight instead of your kurobox. You've been warned.

            Good luck
            Guennadi
            ---
            Guennadi Liakhovetski