Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Media server

  • Chris Watts
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
      From: musikgoat
      Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:10 AM
      Subject: [LinkStation_General] Re: Media server

      --- In LinkStation_ General@yahoogro ups.com, "Chris Watts" <ng@...> wrote:
      > Thanks.
      > TwonkyMedia works fine with the radio when I run it on my laptop
      (Windows XP Pro). But how can I download it and get it to run on my
      LS1 (firmware 1.47)? I want the radio + LS to operate without the
      laptop being switched on.
      > TIA
      > Chris
      The firmware is version
      > 1.47. It has a built-in media server used by
      LinkTheater - but I have no
      > idea what
      > type of server this is. Doesn't seem to work with
      my Noxon.
      > It's not an UPnP Server.
      > I would like to use the LS as a media server for
      my TerratecNoxon i-radio
      > which
      > works with TwonkyMedia and UPnP.
      > Can I achive this? If so how? I have zero Linux
      experience but am highly
      > computer-literate.
      > TwonkyMedia works fine on this device. It's simple to install and
      use. You can download a trial version first and can test if it is
      usefull for you. No risk.
      > TIA
      > Chris
      > Ciao
      > TF

      http://www.twonkyvi sion.de/Download /TwonkyMedia/ TM4Technicians. html

      you want the PPC version as you have the 1.xx series firmware.

      There are pretty clear instructions on how to install it, as its
      mainly configurable through another web interface (like the LS's
      config pages).

      Hope this helps,

      Sure does.
      I have just now discovered also how to upgrade to v 1.52 of the LS firmware which has the required telnet access - and is a must to be able to add anything..  v1.47 does not have that capability as I discovered after I had installed it about a year ago!