Re: [LinkStation_General] Media server

  • Chris Watts
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
      Thanks.
      TwonkyMedia works fine with the radio when I run it on my laptop (Windows XP Pro).  But how can I download it and get it to run on my LS1 (firmware 1.47)?  I want the radio + LS to operate without the laptop being switched on.

      TIA
      Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 24, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Watts" <ng@...> wrote:

        > Thanks.
        > TwonkyMedia works fine with the radio when I run it on my laptop
        (Windows XP Pro). But how can I download it and get it to run on my
        LS1 (firmware 1.47)? I want the radio + LS to operate without the
        laptop being switched on.

        > TIA
        > Chris

        Chris,
        http://www.twonkyvision.de/Download/TwonkyMedia/TM4Technicians.html

        you want the PPC version as you have the 1.xx series firmware.

        There are pretty clear instructions on how to install it, as its
        mainly configurable through another web interface (like the LS's
        config pages).

        Hope this helps,
        goat
      • Chris Watts
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
          > TwonkyMedia works fine with the radio when I run it on my laptop
          (Windows XP Pro). But how can I download it and get it to run on my
          LS1 (firmware 1.47)? I want the radio + LS to operate without the
          laptop being switched on.

          > TIA
          > Chris

          Sure does.
          I have just now discovered also how to upgrade to v 1.52 of the LS firmware which has the required telnet access - and is a must to be able to add anything..  v1.47 does not have that capability as I discovered after I had installed it about a year ago!
          Chris