Media server

  • Chris Watts
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
      I have a Linkstation HD-250 (or it may be 300). The firmware is version
      1.47. It has a built-in media server used by LinkTheater - but I have no
      idea what
      type of server this is. Doesn't seem to work with my Noxon.

      I would like to use the LS as a media server for my TerratecNoxon i-radio
      which
      works with TwonkyMedia and UPnP.

      Can I achive this? If so how? I have zero Linux experience but am highly
      computer-literate.

      TIA

      Chris
    • Thoralf Freitag
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
        Chris Watts schrieb:

        .

        .

        I have a Linkstation HD-250 (or it may be 300). The firmware is version
        1.47. It has a built-in media server used by LinkTheater - but I have no
        idea what
        type of server this is. Doesn't seem to work with my Noxon.

        It's not an UPnP Server.

        I would like to use the LS as a media server for my TerratecNoxon i-radio
        which
        works with TwonkyMedia and UPnP.

        Can I achive this? If so how? I have zero Linux experience but am highly
        computer-literate.

        TwonkyMedia works fine on this device. It's simple to install and use. You can download a trial version first and can test if it is usefull for you. No risk.

        TIA

        Chris

        Ciao

        TF
      • Chris Watts
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
          Thanks.
          TwonkyMedia works fine with the radio when I run it on my laptop (Windows XP Pro).  But how can I download it and get it to run on my LS1 (firmware 1.47)?  I want the radio + LS to operate without the laptop being switched on.

          TIA
          Chris

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 24, 2007
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Watts" <ng@...> wrote:

            > Thanks.
            > TwonkyMedia works fine with the radio when I run it on my laptop
            (Windows XP Pro). But how can I download it and get it to run on my
            LS1 (firmware 1.47)? I want the radio + LS to operate without the
            laptop being switched on.

            > TIA
            > Chris

            Chris,
            http://www.twonkyvision.de/Download/TwonkyMedia/TM4Technicians.html

            you want the PPC version as you have the 1.xx series firmware.

            There are pretty clear instructions on how to install it, as its
            mainly configurable through another web interface (like the LS's
            config pages).

            Hope this helps,
            goat
          • Chris Watts
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
              > TwonkyMedia works fine with the radio when I run it on my laptop
              (Windows XP Pro). But how can I download it and get it to run on my
              LS1 (firmware 1.47)? I want the radio + LS to operate without the
              laptop being switched on.

              > TIA
              > Chris

              Sure does.
              I have just now discovered also how to upgrade to v 1.52 of the LS firmware which has the required telnet access - and is a must to be able to add anything..  v1.47 does not have that capability as I discovered after I had installed it about a year ago!
              Chris