Re: Telnet on LS1

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20 4:12 PM
      Can OpenLink be used? I thought they got a SSH server to run on it.
      If so, then you should get secure-ftp service at no extra cost. Then
      just find a nice client program for the Mac so you don't have to use
      old command line utils like "scp". Will Safari work? On Konqueror
      (Safari's Uncle) I can do this: sftp://linkstation and get it to work.

      Oh and BTW Telnet is not enabled by default on the LS-1, There are
      hacks posted about how to turn it on. OpenLink is a better choice
      overall if you are not up to completely transforming you LS into a
      full blown Debian Linux machine (i.e. Freelink) like I have done.

      Finally it is possible that the problem you are having is not really
      long file names, but illegal characters in the file name. You might
      test for this.