Re: Adding External Drive to Linkstation

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2007
      Do you have a hacked LS with shell access? If so do this:

      ln -s <path where drive is now> <path where you want it>

      I just verified it with a Linux machine I have sitting in the same
      room where I just made the cdrom drive which is normally mounted at
      /mnt/cdrom show up at /home/jstewart/cdrom through the windows share
      to \\linux\jstewart. In this case the command was:

      ln -s /mnt/cdrom /home/jstewart/cdrom

      If you DON'T have shell access to the LS you can still do this by
      removing the drive and putting it in another computer running Linux.
      (Do you still have to run the "fix-magic" utility to unlock the
      drive?). Then just create the sym-link there and put the drive back
      into the Linkstation.

      If for some reason it still doesn't work then there may be an option
      set in the samba config on the linkstation to NOT follow sym-links. I
      doubt that this will be a problem however. It is possible change this
      if you can keep the web interface from changing it back.

      Good Luck

      James

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "davidhomfray"