getting a simple usb printer to work on LS LIVE 320

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi All...

      I have a plain Jane simple USB printer, an old HP Photosmart 1000, and
      a brand new HS-DL320GL. Trying to get it to work as advertised print
      server. Can it be done and if so how?

      I got the LSLIVE to see it but I can't install the proper driver.
      When I try to install it from a CD or install package, it doesn't like
      it.

      From what I'm reading the current LSLIVE isn't a true print server -
      unless you install Freelink? Why would they advertise it as a true
      print server if it's not really enabled?

      Thanks
      Scott
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007
        well....you can install the print-serving capability.

        at the moment you need to install jtymod aka freestation, then you
        still have to untar a tarball to the linux system via telnet/ssh.

        for further information search at forum.linkstationwiki.net

        -- mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.net