Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: a QUITE Linkstation?

  • Wladston Viana
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 8, 2007
      That's another problem ... I'm not a computer-case-designer .... :/

      On 6/8/07, mike redman <michaelredman@... > wrote:

      Dear Linkstation fiddlers,

      I am afraid that my experience with modern fast 3.5 inch
      drives is that they run noisy and hot. if you want to stick
      to 3.5 rives the only way to run them is to have a bigger
      box and move more air. This is not possible with the
      linkstation. I have a PVR which has a quiet 160 Gb drive.
      The thing is not quiet. I have had to sit it on my
      proprietary noise sink to make it usable in my living room.
      The best way to do the job is use a 2.5 system drive and a
      3.5 storage drive in a larger box.

      In any case good luck.
      Mike.

      LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com<LinkStation_General%40yahoog roups.com>,

      --
      Wladston Viana Ferreira Filho
      Belo Horizonte - MG, Brasil
      Computer Science student (UFMG)
      Visit the project: s1mp3.org
    • bluemax_101
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8, 2007
        I hope I don't get banned for saying this here but was adviced
        recetly that Qnap TS-101 is fanless and quite. But much more
        expensive.

        Has anyone tried water-cooling their Linkstations?

        ;-)

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Wladston Viana"