Linkstation Pro - unable to start FTP server

  • Andrew Hodgson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2007
      Linkstation Pro - unable to start FTP server

      Hi,,

      I have added a local user to the LS Pro, created a share for FTP access, and added the user to the read/write access.  However, the FTP option in the share services is not able to be ticked - it is set to disabled with the enable radio button dimmed.

      FW version 1.10.  This is connected to AD.

      Any clues?

      Thanks,

      Andrew.

    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hodgson"
        <andrew@...> wrote:

        > Hi,,
        >

        > I have added a local user to the LS Pro, created a share for FTP
        access, and added the user to the read/write access. However, the FTP
        option in the share services is not able to be ticked - it is set to
        disabled with the enable radio button dimmed.

        > FW version 1.10. This is connected to AD.
        >

        > Any clues?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Andrew.

        Not sure why, but the official firmwares from Buffalo turn off FTP
        when the device is being used in an AD environment.

        If you are feeling adventurous, you could put debian(freelink) on the
        box and setup Samba AD and FTP on your own, through an ssh connection
        into the box.

        For more info, see here:
        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php/FreeLink_for_the_Linkstation_Pro