LS Pro 500GB firmware and Rsync backup

  • Andrew Hodgson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 3:05 AM

      Replaced my 3YR old 120GB LS with a 500GB LS Pro the other day. It
      came with Firmware 1.03, however, on the UK Buffalo site there is
      1.10, but nothing which says what it has changed in the firmware or on
      any website. Most other sites have 1.03 listed, including the Buffalo
      FTP site. Anyone know anything else about this?

      Also, does anyone know how to fool the LS into thinking there is
      another LS available for a backup target over Rsync? I have some
      Linux boxes here running Rsync daemons, and would like to be able to
      use them as backup targets, or even to backup data from these boxes to
      the LS over Rsync!

      Thanks.
      Andrew.