Re: Active drive

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rjordan@...> wrote:

      > It's a Linkstation Live (Gigabit), Model HS-HG500GL, firmware is version
      > 1.03.

      So did turning off the media server (PCast) help?
    • Robert
      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2007

        Matter of fact, that was the fix!  Thanks for the suggestion, as I could not find any help at the Buffalo site.

        I meant to email back, but it’s been “one of those days”, in which my wife had projects lined up….. J

        Robert

        > It's a Linkstation Live (Gigabit), Model HS-HG500GL, firmware is version
        > 1.03.

      • bluemax_101
        Message 3 of 7 , May 29, 2007
          I came across this thread by chance. Noise from LS was annoying me
          too to the extent I has to put it flat on the carpet under the bottom
          shelf! I tried the tip by 'musikgoat' and it worked with my humble HD-
          H160LAN also :-) Did not at first; then I switched it off and on
          again.

          Now the LS is back on the top shelf and looking good! Noise was
          reduced further by placing a foam backed mouse mat under the LS.

          Plasic sides of my LS vibrates. May sticking small peices of anti-
          vibration pads (as used inside car door panels) inside will cure that.