RE: [LinkStation_General] Re: Active drive

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2007

      It’s a Linkstation Live (Gigabit), Model HS-HG500GL, firmware is version 1.03.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rjordan@...> wrote:

        > It's a Linkstation Live (Gigabit), Model HS-HG500GL, firmware is version
        > 1.03.

        So did turning off the media server (PCast) help?
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2007

          Matter of fact, that was the fix!  Thanks for the suggestion, as I could not find any help at the Buffalo site.

          I meant to email back, but it’s been “one of those days”, in which my wife had projects lined up….. J

          Robert

          > It's a Linkstation Live (Gigabit), Model HS-HG500GL, firmware is version
          > 1.03.

        • bluemax_101
          Message 4 of 7 , May 29, 2007
            I came across this thread by chance. Noise from LS was annoying me
            too to the extent I has to put it flat on the carpet under the bottom
            shelf! I tried the tip by 'musikgoat' and it worked with my humble HD-
            H160LAN also :-) Did not at first; then I switched it off and on
            again.

            Now the LS is back on the top shelf and looking good! Noise was
            reduced further by placing a foam backed mouse mat under the LS.

            Plasic sides of my LS vibrates. May sticking small peices of anti-
            vibration pads (as used inside car door panels) inside will cure that.