Re: Password needed on FTP resources site

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Ian White"
      <iandavidwhite@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
      > <musikgoat@> wrote:
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > Buffalo changed the FTP server address.
      > >
      > > ftp://guest:We1c0m3@/
      >
      > Hi "musikgoat"
      >
      > Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website
      >
      > I may have found another "useful" Linkstation *** firmware FTP site
      > here
      >
      > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/LinkStation_HD-HxxxLAN/
      >
      > And indeed the parent folders/directories like
      >
      > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/
      >
      > Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.
      >
      > I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
      > which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
      > so I can no longer edit it.
      >
      > Do you think that we should add another Buffalo Linkstation Firmware
      > FTP site link?
      >
      > Cheers
      > Ian W.

      Hello Ian,

      > Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website

      I cant say for sure if its official, but the IP resides in Texas,
      where the US corporate offices are located, and its the corrected IP
      on the FAQ's of the linkstationwiki.net

      > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/
      > Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.

      I assume thats a typo for linkstation ?

      > I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
      > which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
      > so I can no longer edit it.

      Yes, I don't like that feature, if I make an edit to the post, it
      seems to give me possession, which I was not intending. Checking with
      mod support to see if it can be reversed, but feel free to create a
      second link for the other site, or for both and I will delete any
      unneeded links.

      -Tim