Re: Password needed on FTP resources site

  • Ian White
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4 7:28 AM
      <musikgoat@...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > Buffalo changed the FTP server address.
      >
      > ftp://guest:We1c0m3@.../

      Hi "musikgoat"

      Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website

      I may have found another "useful" Linkstation *** firmware FTP site
      here

      ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/LinkStation_HD-HxxxLAN/

      And indeed the parent folders/directories like

      ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/

      Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.

      I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
      which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
      so I can no longer edit it.

      Do you think that we should add another Buffalo Linkstation Firmware
      FTP site link?

      Cheers
      Ian W.
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4 10:52 AM
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Ian White"
        <iandavidwhite@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
        > <musikgoat@> wrote:
        >
        > [snip]
        >
        > > Buffalo changed the FTP server address.
        > >
        > > ftp://guest:We1c0m3@/
        >
        > Hi "musikgoat"
        >
        > Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website
        >
        > I may have found another "useful" Linkstation *** firmware FTP site
        > here
        >
        > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/LinkStation_HD-HxxxLAN/
        >
        > And indeed the parent folders/directories like
        >
        > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/
        >
        > Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.
        >
        > I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
        > which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
        > so I can no longer edit it.
        >
        > Do you think that we should add another Buffalo Linkstation Firmware
        > FTP site link?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Ian W.

        Hello Ian,

        > Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website

        I cant say for sure if its official, but the IP resides in Texas,
        where the US corporate offices are located, and its the corrected IP
        on the FAQ's of the linkstationwiki.net

        > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/
        > Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.

        I assume thats a typo for linkstation ?

        > I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
        > which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
        > so I can no longer edit it.

        Yes, I don't like that feature, if I make an edit to the post, it
        seems to give me possession, which I was not intending. Checking with
        mod support to see if it can be reversed, but feel free to create a
        second link for the other site, or for both and I will delete any
        unneeded links.

        -Tim