Password needed on FTP resources site

  • marcopolo1257
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2007
      Hi there

      The following URL from the "Links" section does not work as the login
      "public"/password "new stuff" is invalid.

      Anybody knows?

      ftp://public:new stuff@206.135.38.243/

      Thanks

      CH
    • Andy West
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2007
        probably because there is a space in the password

        andy

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "marcopolo1257"
        <marcopolo1257@...> wrote:

        > Hi there
        >
        > The following URL from the "Links" section does not work as the
        login
        > "public"/password "new stuff" is invalid.
        >
        > Anybody knows?
        >
        > ftp://public:new stuff@.../
        >

        > Thanks
        >
        > CH

      • marcopolo1257
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2007
          Nope. I tried directly to access the ftp IP through an ftp client and
          I tried all possibilities (lower case, upper case, space, no space etc..)

          No luck

          CH

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Andy West" <email@...> wrote:

          > probably because there is a space in the password
          >
          > andy
          >

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "marcopolo1257"
          > <marcopolo1257@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi there
          > >
          > > The following URL from the "Links" section does not work as the
          > login
          > > "public"/password "new stuff" is invalid.
          > >
          > > Anybody knows?
          > >
          > > ftp://public:new stuff@/
          > >

          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > CH

        • musikgoat
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2007
            <marcopolo1257@...> wrote:

            > Hi there
            >
            > The following URL from the "Links" section does not work as the login
            > "public"/password "new stuff" is invalid.
            >
            > Anybody knows?
            >
            > ftp://public:new stuff@.../
            >

            > Thanks
            >
            > CH

            Buffalo changed the FTP server address.

            ftp://guest:We1c0m3@216.201.187.252/

            From:
            http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=FAQ#I_cannot_connect_to_the_Buffalo.60s_FTP-Server.3F_Why.3F
          • Ian White
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2007
              <musikgoat@...> wrote:

              [snip]

              > Buffalo changed the FTP server address.
              >
              > ftp://guest:We1c0m3@.../

              Hi "musikgoat"

              Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website

              I may have found another "useful" Linkstation *** firmware FTP site
              here

              ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/LinkStation_HD-HxxxLAN/

              And indeed the parent folders/directories like

              ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/

              Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.

              I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
              which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
              so I can no longer edit it.

              Do you think that we should add another Buffalo Linkstation Firmware
              FTP site link?

              Cheers
              Ian W.
            • musikgoat
              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2007
                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Ian White"
                <iandavidwhite@...> wrote:

                > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
                > <musikgoat@> wrote:
                >
                > [snip]
                >
                > > Buffalo changed the FTP server address.
                > >
                > > ftp://guest:We1c0m3@/
                >
                > Hi "musikgoat"
                >
                > Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website
                >
                > I may have found another "useful" Linkstation *** firmware FTP site
                > here
                >
                > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/LinkStation_HD-HxxxLAN/
                >
                > And indeed the parent folders/directories like
                >
                > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/
                >
                > Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.
                >
                > I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
                > which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
                > so I can no longer edit it.
                >
                > Do you think that we should add another Buffalo Linkstation Firmware
                > FTP site link?
                >
                > Cheers
                > Ian W.

                Hello Ian,

                > Is that any sort of "official" Buffalo support website

                I cant say for sure if its official, but the IP resides in Texas,
                where the US corporate offices are located, and its the corrected IP
                on the FAQ's of the linkstationwiki.net

                > ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/
                > Seem to contain lots of Linksys products' firmwares et al.

                I assume thats a typo for linkstation ?

                > I was going to update the "Buffalo Official Firmware FTP site" link
                > which I originally created, but you now seem to "own" that link
                > so I can no longer edit it.

                Yes, I don't like that feature, if I make an edit to the post, it
                seems to give me possession, which I was not intending. Checking with
                mod support to see if it can be reversed, but feel free to create a
                second link for the other site, or for both and I will delete any
                unneeded links.

                -Tim