Linkstation 120LAN sudden loss in workgroup

  • djpcbr600
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2007
      My Linkstation has been running flawlessly on my network since new.
      Now suddenly it cannot be seen in its workgroup although I can still
      ping it and browse to its interface.
      Bit of an emergency as it holds my music!

      Current firmware is 1.44.. understand that I need 1.47 but its not
      available on the Linstation site.

      Any suggestions would be gratefully received!
    • Graham Denison
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "djpcbr600"
        <djpcbr600@...> wrote:

        > My Linkstation has been running flawlessly on my network since new.
        > Now suddenly it cannot be seen in its workgroup although I can
        still
        > ping it and browse to its interface.
        > Bit of an emergency as it holds my music!
        >
        > Current firmware is 1.44.. understand that I need 1.47 but its not
        > available on the Linstation site.
        >
        > Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

        Can you get at it via the UNC?

        ie: file://buffalo_name/directory

        If so DNS or the Master Browser have gone AWOL,
        look up fixing either on the microsoft site, or
        if Linux user group postings.

        TillMechanic
      • djpcbr600
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Denison"
          <denison@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "djpcbr600"
          > <djpcbr600@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My Linkstation has been running flawlessly on my network since
          new.
          > > Now suddenly it cannot be seen in its workgroup although I can
          > still
          > > ping it and browse to its interface.
          > > Bit of an emergency as it holds my music!
          > >
          > > Current firmware is 1.44.. understand that I need 1.47 but its
          not
          > > available on the Linstation site.
          > >
          > > Any suggestions would be gratefully received!
          > >
          > Can you get at it via the UNC?
          >
          > ie: file://buffalo_name/directory
          >
          > If so DNS or the Master Browser have gone AWOL,
          > look up fixing either on the microsoft site, or
          > if Linux user group postings.
          >
          > TillMechanic

          Hi!
          Thanks for your response.
          Cant get to the share. Tried using file// and \\ip address

          Buffalo sent me a link to get version 1.47 firmware so I will give
          that a try.

          Will also check out the other postings