acp_commander timeout problem

  • Nick Kasoff
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2007
      I have used acp_commander with success on several occasions, but have
      experienced an intermittent problem. Specifically, I sometimes get
      this error:

      ERROR: Exception: IO (Receive timed out) [Section: ACP_AUTHENT]

      When I got the error, I ran it from a different computer on the same
      network, and it worked fine. But of course, some day I won't have a
      second computer to use, and I'll be SOL. Any ideas?
    • Nick Kasoff

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2007
          Ok, I figured it out. acp_commander seems to timeout if you're on an
          XP box, and the Windows firewall is turned on.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Kasoff"
          <nicholas@...> wrote:

          > I have used acp_commander with success on several occasions, but have
          > experienced an intermittent problem. Specifically, I sometimes get
          > this error:
          >
          > ERROR: Exception: IO (Receive timed out) [Section: ACP_AUTHENT]
          >
          > When I got the error, I ran it from a different computer on the same
          > network, and it worked fine. But of course, some day I won't have a
          > second computer to use, and I'll be SOL. Any ideas?

        • Ed McCreight
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
            I hit the same problem today, WireShark'ed my Ethernet, and discovered
            that my Windows XP firewall was blocking a UDP reply packet from the
            LinkStation Pro, without commenting that it had done so. What then
            worked for me was to disable the Windows firewall, run acp_commander
            until it finished, and thenre-enable the Windows firewall.

            Nick Kasoff wrote:

            > > I have used acp_commander ... but ... I sometimes get
            > > this error:
            > >
            > > ERROR: Exception: IO (Receive timed out) [Section: ACP_AUTHENT]
            > >
            > > ... Any ideas?

          • Ed McCreight
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007