Re: Roku turns off?

  • anthonyinnyc
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2007
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@...> wrote:

      > I followed the directions on
      > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html.
      > Everythong went perfectly on my PPC LS.
      > Slimserver is up and running now but...
      > When I connect my Soundbridge to my "Linkstation" server, it turns
      > itself off.
      >
      > Anyone have any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks

      Yes, dump Roku.
    • risimmonsuk
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2007
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "anthonyinnyc"
        <Anthony@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I followed the directions on
        > > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html.
        > > Everythong went perfectly on my PPC LS.
        > > Slimserver is up and running now but...
        > > When I connect my Soundbridge to my "Linkstation" server, it turns
        > > itself off.
        > >
        > > Anyone have any ideas?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > Yes, dump Roku.

        Don't dump the Roku, dump Slimserver. I'd recommend Firefly (formerly
        mt-daapd) - it's now Roku sponsored, and supports a dedicated Roku
        streaming protocol, so it's pretty speedy. I've got it running on my
        LinkstationII (w. openlink).

        www.fireflymediaserver.org

        I think there might be some pre-compiled binaries for some linkstation
        variants now - I compiled it myself though. Step-by-step instructions
        are here;
        http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7682
        in the last post on the page.

        HTH
      • James
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2007
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "risimmonsuk"
          <risimmonsuk@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "anthonyinnyc"
          > <Anthony@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmoadab" <dmoadab@>
          wrote:

          > > > I followed the directions on
          > > > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html.
          > > > Everythong went perfectly on my PPC LS.
          > > > Slimserver is up and running now but...
          > > > When I connect my Soundbridge to my "Linkstation" server, it turns
          > > > itself off.
          > > >
          > > > Anyone have any ideas?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > >
          > > Yes, dump Roku.
          > >
          > Don't dump the Roku, dump Slimserver. I'd recommend Firefly (formerly
          > mt-daapd) - it's now Roku sponsored, and supports a dedicated Roku
          > streaming protocol, so it's pretty speedy. I've got it running on my
          > LinkstationII (w. openlink).
          >
          > www.fireflymediaserver.org
          >
          > I think there might be some pre-compiled binaries for some linkstation
          > variants now - I compiled it myself though. Step-by-step instructions
          > are here;
          > http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7682
          > in the last post on the page.
          >
          > HTH

          I can only echo the recommendation to move to Firefly. I was able to
          download, install and configure it to play FLAC files even though I am
          a Linux noob so it can't be that difficult.

          Homepage: http://www.fireflymediaserver.org/ use the wiki and forums
          listed in the left hand column. The developer and other experienced
          users are VERY prompt in replying to questions and problems posted in
          the forum. It works very well with the Roku - I have an M-2000 and
          love the combination.

          James