Re: Diable TRASHBOX in Buffalo Linksation Pro

  • Nick Kasoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2007
      Go into the web interface and logon to the LS. Select "Shared Folders"
      in the menu to the left. Click on the particular share on the right.
      Disable the recycle bin, about halfway down on the right. Then click
      Apply at the bottom.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, eMicros <nabble@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I'm using a 500GB Linkstation Pro as a backup device for my 2003 SBS
      Server,
      > and it works great using Windows backup.
      >
      > Biggest problem I have is that it runs out of disk space after a week
      > because the old backup files which it overwrites are kept in a trashbox
      > folder on the drive. Each server backup is 50gb, taken nightly.
      Windows
      > backup keeps the last 5 backups, overwriting the oldest one each
      night. So
      > because it never actually overwrites the oldest backup, it soon runs
      out of
      > disk space.
      >
      > Any clues? I've run the NAS configuration utility and can't find an
      option.

      > Thanks
      > eMicros
      > --

    • eMicros
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
        Thankyou!

        I hadn't realised within the share folder that you could click on the share
        name to reveal further properties.
        Thanks for pointing me in th right direction.

        Cheers

        eMicros