Diable TRASHBOX in Buffalo Linksation Pro

  • eMicros
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7 2:04 AM
      Hi

      I'm using a 500GB Linkstation Pro as a backup device for my 2003 SBS Server,
      and it works great using Windows backup.

      Biggest problem I have is that it runs out of disk space after a week
      because the old backup files which it overwrites are kept in a trashbox
      folder on the drive. Each server backup is 50gb, taken nightly. Windows
      backup keeps the last 5 backups, overwriting the oldest one each night. So
      because it never actually overwrites the oldest backup, it soon runs out of
      disk space.

      Any clues? I've run the NAS configuration utility and can't find an option.

      Thanks
      eMicros
    • Nick Kasoff
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7 3:17 PM
        Go into the web interface and logon to the LS. Select "Shared Folders"
        in the menu to the left. Click on the particular share on the right.
        Disable the recycle bin, about halfway down on the right. Then click
        Apply at the bottom.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, eMicros <nabble@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I'm using a 500GB Linkstation Pro as a backup device for my 2003 SBS
        Server,
        > and it works great using Windows backup.
        >
        > Biggest problem I have is that it runs out of disk space after a week
        > because the old backup files which it overwrites are kept in a trashbox
        > folder on the drive. Each server backup is 50gb, taken nightly.
        Windows
        > backup keeps the last 5 backups, overwriting the oldest one each
        night. So
        > because it never actually overwrites the oldest backup, it soon runs
        out of
        > disk space.
        >
        > Any clues? I've run the NAS configuration utility and can't find an
        option.

        > Thanks
        > eMicros
        > --

      • eMicros
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8 3:13 AM
          Thankyou!

          I hadn't realised within the share folder that you could click on the share
          name to reveal further properties.
          Thanks for pointing me in th right direction.

          Cheers

          eMicros