Red light options

  • thecreakhead
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2007

      I was tring to install the webinstaller  on my linkstation ls2.  I think i bricked it,  installed the openlink helper ( i had installed that in the past ) and extracted it, but then my wget command stopped working so i couldn't install the webinstaller.  I though maybe a reboot would help but that that just hosed it more.  So now when i turn the linkstation on, it boots 2 green lights, but then after about 3-4 mins it shuts off and the red light comes on and blinks 6 times.  During those 3 mins i can't seem to telnet or find the linkstation on the network.

      So any ideas on how to get it up and running again?

      My best guess is to take the HD out and plug it into my usb external enclouser and try to back up my data( know of any winxp utils to read the drive?), then reformat it? Is there a way to fix it without wiping all my data on it?

      Thanks
      Aaron